Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Double embossed background

I was at the SECC Hobbycrafts fair on Saturday, and spent some time watching all the various demo's going on and chatting to some of the ladies that appear on  Create and Craft TV. I was really taken with some samples Jo Channon had done that used a Crafts Too Daisy and Swirl embossing folder and Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder in Silver Lustre. Needless to say, I had to buy both. The lustre powders all have a lovely translucent quality that lets the underlying colour shine through. You can't see terribly well in the photo, but the background to this card was dry embossed, then inked with a couple of different Distress inks before being heat embossed with the Silver Lustre, giving a really pretty effect. The embossed edge to the Craftwork Cards scallop edged card was done using my Hougie board. I find the easiest way to get the lines in the right place is to use the mount for the front of the card on the reverse of the card. When it is in position with removable adhesive, use a clear ruler like this one to mark the border lightly in pencil, then use that as a scoring guide.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Annette and for leaving such a kind and flattering comment.... it mean such a lot!
    I love your pretty card.... the colours is so delicate and I see you've used some yummy leaves too!
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete