Thursday, 3 March 2011

Sympathy card

Who else finds sympathy cards the hardest of all to make? The only card I have bought from a shop in recent years was a sympathy card as all inspiration left me and I wasn't able to come up with anything that I felt was just right. However, this Hero Arts stamp, and other similar ones, I turn to again and again for lots of different projects, and this time I came up with something I think would be suitable to express my condolences.
After watching Sheena Douglass on Create and Craft TV, demonstrating her paint fusion technique, it made me want to get out my acrylic paints and have a go. How I painted this doesn't remotely resemble Sheena's great technique, but her idea of using rubber stamps to create an image which you totally paint over and just use as a guide, as opposed to actually colouring in, is hers. The image on this card is a negative one, ie, the starflower is uninked. I inked the stamp with blue chalk ink, then using some acrylics, I over-painted bits of the blue background, and painted the starflower.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you've done here Annette. Makes an ideal Sympathy card.

    Kath mentioned you on her blog after you were at her class and I came over for a nosey! I've been trying to join your followers but that pest Mr Blogger tried to use my old photo and I had a bit of bother with this one too. Thanks for joining me too.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete