Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Butterfly card

I had a little trip in to my local craft shop today and picked up a Big and Juicy ink pad for £9.50 and this Dovecraft decoupage punch for £5.

I wanted a butterfly punch as I've seen some tutorials on line I want to try, where a Stampin Up butterfly punch is used to make the most beautiful sweet peas. I was given an SU butterfly punch a few years ago and gave it away to a friend's little girl as I couldn't imagine every using it. Doh! I think this punch may be a little small for the flowers, but it makes the cutest butterflies, so all is not lost. I inked the edges with the new ink pad and this card was literally made within an hour of returning home from the shops. Not bad! I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder, a sentiment from The Works and some Stickles here and there. I'm entering this card in to the Papertake Weekly anything goes challenge, Secret Crafter butterfly challenge and Shelley's Images gettin' punchy challenge.

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous creation and such detail thank you for sharing with us at the SCSC
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Annette! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining our "Butterfly" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, That is a lovely butterfly and very pretty card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete