Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Easter bunny baskets and card

I first saw these lovely baskets on Katina's blog, and Katina in turn has linked to instructions for making these oh-so-easy baskets on Jacqui's blog. I made two this morning. using a pad of WRMK papers I picked up for a bargain in TK Maxx a couple of months ago. As I wanted them to fit the 200g Lindt bunny, I used the whole 12" sheet as the basis for the basket. I cut a couple of different strips from a text paper in the pad to create the handles, which were attached using brads with my Cropodile.  Not as fancy as Katina and Jacqui's lovely examples, but I think my DD will like hers and my DS will spend all of three seconds looking at his before grabbing the chocolate and disappearing!

Using the same paper pad, I made this Easter card. The background is white paper coloured with Distress ink. The ribbon came from the yellow ribbon kit I won the other week from The Ribbon Girl , the sentiment is computer generated and the rest of the card is a pretty simple paper piecing job.

I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
Penny's Paper-crafty Challenge blog - Easter
Crafty Creations -  paper piecing
Creative Inspirations  - Easter
My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge - anything goes

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your larger version of the basket Annette and the bunny looks right at home! Gorgeous card too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Netty, how wonderful to hear from you again - and you were right about the layout! I shall put you on my reader forwith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and basket, love the spring colours.

    Thanks for joining us at My Mums Craft Shop Challenge and hope to see you again this week for the next challenge!

    Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello.
    What a beautiful card. Simple, yet nice. Just gorgeous.
    Thank you so much for sharing and joining us at Penny's Challenges. Good Luck.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete