Thursday, 21 April 2011

Red, white and blue birthday card

I've made this card using Hero Arts stamps and the new, gorgeous Sizzix flourish I bought the other week. Combining two of the flourishes gives this lovely long swirl. You may be able to make out that the sentiment has been double stamped - if you look at it for too long it makes you feel a bit woozy! The card has a bit of bling with a great big jewel in the flower centre, courtesy of Poundlands. I made the scallop edges with a fabulously useful Colour My World template, and used my cute wee John Lewis sewing machine to stitch around the edges.





I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
The Ribbon Girl - red, white and blue 
Papertake Weekly - spots n stripes
The Secret Crafter - stitching
My Mum's Craft Shop - all that glitters
Incy Wincy Designs - bright and bold

7 comments:

  1. Lovely simple card

    Thanks for joining us on our "Stitching" challenge this week at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Annette!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great stitching and lovely card thank you for sharing with us at the SCSC
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love that big lovely swirl!

    Thanks for playing along with our All That Glitters Challenge at MMCS and hope to see you again soon!

    Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of th ecard. I love swirls, but can never get them to look right on my cards.Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girls x Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card - I love the flower! Great papers and details
    Thanks so much for joining us at PTW
    xxx

    ReplyDelete