Thursday, 19 May 2011

Hero Arts digital wedding card

This is something a little different from me. I have only very rarely made hybrid cards, and only since I bought Serif's Digital Scrapbook Artist, a fab program, which has since been superseded by Craft Artist. DSA is the only program I've been able to understand, as it is so intuitive and packed with features, with pop-up idiot assistance throughout.
I needed to make a wedding card, and having been inspired to go digi by Katina and her wonderful digi cards, I found a great value digikit over at Two Peas called HA Wedded Bliss. It is one of many real rubber stamp images Hero Arts are now producing as digital images. At £2.41, I reckon it was an absolute bargain. I had a lot of fun messing about with various designs, but eventually settled on this one. I made the tiny roses after having a rare flash of inspiration. These rolled roses are so easy to do, but I needed really teeny tiny ones. Having faffed about trying to hand cut some small enough spirals I remembered I had this long forgotten Woodware spiral punch and it was perfect for the job. I added some pearls, small black beads for buttons and a bit of glitter. The inside has a pop-up centre (created with a Karen Burniston Sizzix spinning 3D platform die) with another of the digi images from the kit, which forms a pocket for a cheque for the happy couple. The champagne glasses have glossy accents on them.

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

PaperPlay Challenges: sparkle galore
Penny's Paper-craft Challenge Blog: anything goes
Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog: glitzy and bling

4 comments:

  1. Annette, this is truly beautiful. Love it. Hope you upload it to the Hero Arts FLICKR group.

    Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, this is wonderful - so elegant, fresh and beautiful! I didn't know Hero Arts did digi images so thank you! Thanks you so much for the lovely mention too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and classy card Annette the CAS design and the fab image all look superb thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that is beautiful, Annette - I love the doodled lines of the image and frames, the black against white is so effective. Fab work.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete