Tuesday, 17 May 2011

In my thoughts

I've made this card for a friend who lost her dad a year ago today. I wanted an unfussy, plain card so turned to my embossing folders. I rolled the top of a piece of card through so far, then reversed back. Then embossed the bottom of the card with another folder. I embossed a couple of lines to edge the embossed sections, a trick I learned at Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard. The top section didn't emboss crisply at the lower edge where I stopped the rollers, so I put the card back in to the folder,  lined up the pattern and hand embossed the shallower embossed bits to deepen them. The sentiment is Hero Arts.
I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
Incy Wincy Designs: clean and simple
Card Cupids Blog: no patterned papers 
Lily Pad Cards: embossing

and just for fun, I've linked my card at Clean and Simple Stamping

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thought and a beautiful card Annette! I'm sure your friend will appreciate this so much. It also fits the challenge at Less is More. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annette, thanks for the link and your comments, I'm so pleased that you are finding the Cupboard useful and appreciate your support.
    Your card is lovely - simple but stylish, and I'm sure your friend will love it! Good luck with your entries! ikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card!! and a lovely gesture to your friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, this has inspired me to re try my embossing folders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is amazing! What an exquisite design, I love it! Your embossing is so crisp, and so lovely in all white. I'm so glad you joined us in the Lily Pad pond!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embossing is so pretty. Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids.
    Hugs. Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete