Sunday, 5 June 2011

Baptism card

I have made eight of these cards, as this Sunday eight members of our congregation are being baptised. It is a first for our church to have so many baptised in one go. What a wonderful reason to batch card make!


The writing was computer generated and the other elements were cut with my Craft Robo, then the top cross embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The crosses are raised up with some pinflair glue to give a bit of dimension. The water paper is from an ancient, enormous variety pack from DCWV.
If you are ever looking for verses to go in to Christian cards, I found this wonderful site, Heavens Inspirations,  and used the following verse inside these cards.

I pray you'd have a real sense
Of God's hand upon your life
As you go through the baptismal waters
And follow after Christ
I pray that you may go from here
Changed and made brand-new
Walking hand in hand with God
Into all He's called you to.

© By M.S.Lowndes

 I am entering this card in to the following challenge:
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge: lots of circles

7 comments:

  1. Lovely baptism card design, Annette. I'm sure they will be loved and treasured x

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely lovely baptism card Annette. I love the paper behind the cross. It is heartwarming to hear of so many people being baptised in one day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Baptism card I am sure it will be tresured thank you for sharing with us at the craft catz hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Baptism card Annette. Very effective and elegant. I'm sure the recipients were delighted with them.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is so very pretty and fabulous design and layout and just perfect for a Baptism,

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, for our Lots of Circles

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card, thanks for joining us this week at craftycatz, x carol

    ReplyDelete