Saturday, 23 July 2011

New home digi card

I made this card using the rather fab Serif Craft Artist program. I made the wee house digitally, basing it around a design already in the program as a guide (although the house is actually very similar to paper pieced houses I've been making for years). The hearts from the design on the program have these hearts coming from the chimney and I was able to use them by rubbing the rest of the house away, just leaving the hearts. I love this program as it is so easy to use.
The printing paper you use makes a huge difference to the finished result. After a few trial runs, I liked the Polaroid A4 photo paper best (a snip at £1 for 12 sheets from Poundlands). It was the only one that showed the texture of the digi paper used to make the house, and the colours were true what was on the computer screen.
You can download a free trial version of Craft Artist here

I'm entering this card in to the following challenge:
Charisma Cardz Challenges: sunshine colours
Crafty Creations Challenge Blog: seeing double (double hearts and double house image inside and outside card)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the simple design and the cute little house! Thanks so much for entering it for the Crafty Creations challenge this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, lovely coulour choice. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annette, what a gorgeous card. I love the pretty papers and beautiful sunshine colours. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, so cute! love the sky and your little inside decoration too! thank you for sharing your gorgeous creation with the Charisma Galz and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete