Monday, 18 July 2011

Orange rose card

I've made this card for my friend who is anxiously awaiting an operation. The flower was made from orange MME paper, coloured on the underside with Distress ink, and cut with the Sizzix tattered florals die. I love the leaf trim , which was part of a pack I bought some time ago. I hope I can find more to replace it. I made a simple box from one sheet of A4 for it to go in as it was too deep to fit in to an envelope.
I'm entering this card in to the following challenge:
Papertake Weekly Challenge: hot, hot, hot

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Annette; the flower looks fabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is beautiful, I love the simplicity of it. And I love your blog, I was especially attracted to the way you have the challenges on your sidebar. Thanks
    I would love to become a follower but I can't find the button to click
    http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Annette ,, simple and stunning !! I am sure your friend will love this :-)
    I wish her a speedy and full recovery too xx

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card, Annette! I love your embossing, beautiful rose, and the stem with leaves is so pretty x

    ReplyDelete