Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Silver wedding easel card

I fiddled about with this card for ages. Originally, it was going to be a traditional square card, and I had a sketch I was working from. I made all the elements, but somehow, whatever way I placed them just didn't look right. I then tried it as an easel card, and preferred the less cluttered look of it. Funny how sometimes a project goes off in a completely different direction.
I used my Mandala board, nesties and some embossing folders. The numbers are cut with my Craft Robo.

I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
Card Cupids Blog: monochromatic card
Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog: no flowers allowed
Lothian Crafts Online: die cutting
Stampalot Challenge: anything goes

10 comments:

  1. Hi Annette, Love your card, it looks really lovely as an easel card, so different from a square one. The recipient will love it. Your swirly nesties and embossing looks gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really beautiful and so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this works beautifully as an easel card. Very elegant. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea for a silver wedding card its perfect.
    Thanks for Joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge.
    Hugs Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic card hun! Thanks for joining in with our theme of No Flowers Allowed over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous card! Thank you for playing this weeks at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card - so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! :)
    Your card is stunning!So simple and elegant - I just love all that white colour.

    Thank you for joining at Creative Inspirations Challenge :)
    Hugs,
    Karita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card

    thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete