Saturday, 17 September 2011

50th birthday card with ranunculus stamp

Long time, no see. I've been a very bad blogger. After being away from my craft room for a few weeks because of holidays and various other general busyness, I then discovered that my mojo had flow away and left me. However, I had a card to make for a friend, and decided to use a fab card sketch site called Sweet Stop Sketches I have recently discovered, to get me back in the swing of things.
I had a play earlier in the week with this beautiful Stampendous ranunculus stamp, colouring it with Artquest mica paints, distressing with Distress ink, and over stamping the image again then heat embossing with gold (as the mica paints are fairly thick and covered the detail of the original stamping). Having made this rectangular focal point. I then needed to find a way to display it on a card, and here's where Sweet Stop Sketches came in. I was quickly able to find  an older sketch for my card, which uses a square card-my favourite shape-as a base.
The ribbon is seam binding, dyed with Distress ink to match the image.
I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
Ladybug Crafts Ink: flowers
My Mum's Craft Shop Challenges: happy birthday

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Annette. Beautiful stamping and colours...your mojo is definitely back!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I love the gold embossing and the color scheme you chose is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at MMCS birthday challenge, good luck and hope you'll join us again

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful Annette! I love the colours you've used and the gold embossing is lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful beautiful card, I love the colors and the embossing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annette, wow what a lovely combination of colours and it has a really lovely fresh feeling about it! Thank you for sharing with us at LCI this week, make sure you check back on Tuesday for some exciting news and a blog hop!! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats so sweet. Gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. whata pretty card - wonderful image and colours
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty! The MicaColor watercolors add so much sparkle and dI love the colors you've used.

    ReplyDelete