Sunday, 18 September 2011

Doodled 20th birthday card

I've made this card for a friend's daughter. I wanted to make something that looked fun and bright, so after gaining more inspiration from the latest great sketch over at The Sweet Stop blog, I came up with this. It looks better and brighter in real life, and it's very dimensional as it has been Pinflair glued to the max. I used the cheap stack of WRMK spring papers I bought from TK Maax a while ago, distressing all the edges with a pair of scissors. I then doodled round all the edges with a black Letraset pen.
I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
The Sweet Stop: sketch and stars
CES Challenges: embellish me more 
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday: birthday card
Creatalicious Challenges: anything goes
One Stop Craft Challenge: Girlie
By the Cute and Girly Challenges: all things bright and beautiful
Ruby's Rainbow Challenges: for the girls

12 comments:

  1. So different to your previous card Annette but equally beautiful. This is such a fun and young design and I'm sure your friend's daughter will love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness...this is so fantastic!

    a beautiful birthday-card with great dp's!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Love all the bright colors and doodling. Thank you so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning & very stylish! Thanks for playing at CES...good luck!! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect birthday card Annette. Fun colors and doodling! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really cool - love the colours too - I bet it's a stunner in real life. =^oo^=
    Thank you for joining us at SSDS
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annette,
    What a Fabulous and Funky card!!! Love it!!! Love the dps, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout and the doodling looks fab. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this is soo Fun and so CUTE! Love all the layers and touch of embossing too! Your doodles add a really fun vibe! What a great Birthday card! I'm sure your friends daughter will just love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great girly card! I love your doodling.

    Thanks for playing along at Ruby's Rainbow.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your card so much, I copied it! I'd love to show you what it looks like but I don't know how!!

    Thanks!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri. Thanks for your lovely comment on my card. I would love to see what you have made. If you upload it to Flickr or somewhere similar, you could reply again with the link. Alternatively, I think if you reply but not anonymously, I get an email through which I can contact you.

      Delete
    2. Just added a contact form to my blog. Please get in touch through that. X

      Delete