Friday, 30 September 2011

Me to You digital card

My latest purchase, the Docraft Digital Designer Me to You Especially For You CD Roms arrived yesterday and I started playing as soon as I could. I'm really pleased with the content, and the program is pretty easy to navigate although it could do with some more features. I can't find a way to align an element relative to another element which would be handy for centring a greeting on a tag  for example. There also doesn't seem to be a way of creating custom size pages, which would be handy for making inserts, but there is a work-around which I used for this card.

My method to create an insert 28cm x 13.2 cm for the inside of a Craftwork Cards scallop card blank, was to open an A4 landscape page, add a patterned paper, then use the rectangle punch to cut out a rectangle the same size as my insert (using the rulers to get the right size) with this insert space right up in the top left hand corner. I then used the punch again to cut away some more of the patterned paper at the bottom of the A4 sheet to leave only a thin border of patterned paper round the bottom and RHS of the insert to act as a cutting guide. I reduced the transparency right down too, to save wasting ink. It was then easy to position my insert elements in to this blank insert space.

Having thought I wouldn't be the least bit interested making Christmas cards from this CD, and only really bought it to get more all occasions papers and sentiments to add to my other Me to You decoupage kit, look what I ended up making first! I've made this for my friend and her family as I know they'll love the image. I designed the layout using digital elements from the kit, and created my own decoupage by printing several copies of the same image. It is covered in glitter which doesn't really show up on camera.

I'm entering this card in to the following challenge:
Paperplay Challenges: white plus one

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous card, realy elegant
    thanks for playing with us at paperplay thhis week
    hugs
    céline PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Annette, love that sweet image. Love how you've made the insert to match too.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Annette! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just LOVE it!!! Just gorgeous.Thank you for playing along in the challenge this week
    @ Paperplay Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is so beautiful, thanks so much for playing along at Paper Play this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete