Tuesday, 20 December 2011

50th card for a cook

I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted. What a bad, bad blogger I am. However, I haven't been idle, and have made lots of cards over the last few weeks, some of which I've actually remembered to photograph!
I was asked to make a card to be given to a lady who is a keen cook, and to accompany the card, I made a separate fancy invitation to the posh restaurant her friends are taking her to for her birthday present, so a cooking themed card seemed appropriate.
I used DCWV Nana's Kitchen papers to make this stepper card. I absolutely love the little metal knife, fork and spoon charm which I'll need to buy more of next time I'm at a craft show. The apron is made using an old Woodware clear stamp from a garden themed set. I paper-pieced the pocket and you may just about be able to make out the tiny fork and spoon in the pocket.

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:
Craft Creations Challenges: embossing and glitter
The Crafty Pad: anything but Christmas

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card for a cook!! Really cute cutlery embellie too! Love it! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge with us!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a super card, and I love all the little details you've included...a very special card and perfect for a cook! Thanks for sharing it with us at THE CRAFTY PAD. Happy Christmas!
    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! Especially all the details!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad in our Anything but Christmas Challenge this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annette your card is fab and I love the little knife, fork and spoon charm !!

    Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete