Thursday, 12 January 2012

My first Pink Petticoat card

I'm continuing to dip my toes in the digital waters, and after seeing Katina's wonderful cards on her blog, and finding out that Pink Petticoat had a sale on, I immediately rushed on over and bought a few bits and pieces. I've made three cards so far, two like this and another I'll share at a later date. I used Serif Craft Artist to rub out the 'for my' part of the sentiment and replaced it with 'for our'.
The sets I used from Pink Petticoat are the Mini Diva Doodles and Perfect Papers. My absolute favourite paper from this set has to be the white polka dot on a distressed black background. I can see me using this a lot. I love pink and black together. I also used seam binding from The Ribbon Girl which I ruffled, and my favourite scalloped edged cards from Craftwork Cards, which I must have used hundreds of times now, but keep going back to because they are just so good for girly cards. I've added lots and lots of glitter as these images are made to be blinged.
I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
CES Challenge Blog: anything goes
Charisma Cardz Challenges: Happy birthday
Craft and Me Challenges: anything goes
Crafty Cardmakers: no floral embellishments
Ladybug Crafts Ink: use our new stash
My Mum's Craft Shop Challenges: here come the girls

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card hun, such a beautiful design and added detail! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at CES this week...good luck :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i love the image and the fab dotty papers. so elegant-
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely birthday card
    thanks for joining in with Charismas 3rd bithday
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annette, this is STUNNING!! How clever are you with Craft Artist?!! I'll have to look into that!
    Thank you for your lovely compliment.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annette,

    What a lovely card ! Very smart ! Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz on our 3rd birthday this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the black and white with just a touch of pink looks very classy - thank you for sharing the card with us at Crafty Cardmakers

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the black and white polka dots, and this is just a perfect female birthday card! Thanks for joining us at MMCS

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Annette, that image is fabulous, right up my street!! Really loving the spots as well! Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card.
    many thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Annette this is a beautiful girly card. Love the image and colour combo. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Card !!
    thanks for joining us on Charisma's 3rd Birthday hope to see you next time too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fab card & a great image. Love the shoes. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the card, I have someone in mind for a similar card so I will have to go shopping now! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time and hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Annette! Pink and black is always SO girly : )

    Liz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice card. Thanks for playing with us at MMCS this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. a lovely birthday creation! thanks for joining in with our 3rd Birthday celebrations this week at Charisma!! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete