Monday, 6 February 2012

70th birthday bookmark card

I was asked to make a 70th birthday card for my friend's mum, to include a bible verse that they had chosen. I've made this card using a My Mind's Eye stack, and a couple of my favourite Sizzix dies 656560 and 656640 . To prevent the front of the card becoming overly cluttered, I decided to make the bible verse in to a bookmark by using my perforated cutter to section off a strip on the back of the card. When the card is no longer being displayed, the bookmark can be easily separated from the rest of the card and act as a nice keepsake for her to use every day. I used my Hougie board to create the embossed square on the front of the card. The writing, including the very fine sentiment, is cut with my Craft Robo using the Wendy Medium font, which I really like for the Robo as it is easy to fuse the letters together.
I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge Blog: free and easy February
Crafts and Me Challenges: time to brighten up your day
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge: pink and white
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays: die cut or punches

5 comments:

  1. What a super card Annette and such a lovely idea with the bookmark.

    Thanks so much for joining in our Free and Easy February at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and gift. Thank you so much for entering our FREE & EASY challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is gorgeous thank you for joining us at crafty catz linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, this is such a beautiful creation , lovely design and great use of the challenge colours

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Pink and White Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

    Have a lovely day,
    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Special card love the colours you used, thanks for joining us at SSDS : Kaz DT SSDS

    ReplyDelete