Saturday, 10 March 2012

A Hero Arts one layer card

I've made this card for the Less is More challenge blog. I really love one layer cards, and as today's challenge was to also include script, and I love script stamps, I just had to enter.
I used one of the first stamps I ever bought, Hero Arts Long Writing Background F2674, stamped with Distress ink Antique Linen in the background, and Memento black to stamp Hero Arts  Climbing Vine H2948 over the top. I then water-coloured the stamp with Whispers pens.

I made a set of cards very similar to this, for a Christmas present, but I stamped them with several different sentiments. They were coloured with mica paints which gave them a lovely sheen, which was fine for the cards I made for the gift, but would have been too showy for a sympathy card.

14 comments:

  1. These look terrific Annette.I love that script stamp too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colouring and the script stamp is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - perfect for a sympathy card

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Annette, love the little gift set too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Annette
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look lovely Annette
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a image1 I love also Hero Arts.

    Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and beautiful for a sympathy card. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and very elegant Annette.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Annette,
    I love the stamps you used on your lovely cards, and you water coloured beautifully with your whispers:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Annette, just perfect for a sympathy card. But as you say if you glam it up it's perfect for lots of other occasions too.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful!!!!! love the blue. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colouring. Love the overall effect.

    ReplyDelete