Saturday, 30 June 2012

Boys2Men golf card for 60th birthday

I was asked to make a card with a fun golf theme, and after cruising the Internet looking for inspiration, I found some fab cards made using the Boys2Men cd by Ella's Designs. As I have a few tricky male themed cards to make, I decided the investment was worth it and I'll share some more cards made with the cd in the coming months. In the meantime, take a look at her lovely blog for inspiration.

 

The puns continue on the inside of the card, where it says, ’ Sorry we can't be with you at your parTee'.

I used Serif Craft Artist to play with the images on the cd as some of the images handily also come as png and jpeg images for importing in to graphics programs. There are also backing papers, topper sheets etc available as PDFs to simply print out and create with. The flag was hand cut by tracing round an enlarged image of the flag included on the cd, stamped with a sentiment and attached to a coffee stirrer. I found that I got a loss of quality in the images I selectively cropped and pasted from the PDF documents in to Craft Artist, so if the images aren't on the cd as pngs, it is probably better to just print out the full PDF sheet of images and accept you may be wasting a bit of the sheet you don't need. I found printing on Tesco Quality Glossy Inkjet Photo Paper gave me really good quality printed results and I tend to use this for all my Craft Artist and craft cd printing now.

 

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant golfer card, Annette. I love he play on words, and great embellishing, too. The recipient will love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Annette, I love your golfing card! The quality of the print is excellent with that Tesco paper and such a clever use of the coffee stirrer for your flag pole! Fabulous card that I'm sure will be well received! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annette,
    Thanks for your lovely comments on my flowers.
    Those pompom flowers are dead easy to make. Just punch six 2" circles, (l use a 2" scallop punch), or you can cut them out with scissors. Lay them on top of one another, place a brad in the centre, then squash them together into the middle. I use a medium weight card stock and sometimes spray them with a little water, or glimmer mist, before scrunching them up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog....awesome Boys2Men golf card for 60th birthday ...thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete