Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Boys2Men 21st birthday card for a drummer

I was asked to make a 21st card for a male drummer and this was another card I had in mind when I made my recent purchase of Ella's Designs Boys2Men CD. I used Serif Craft Artist to make the spotlit effect over the drum kit. I cropped the music paper in to a square and duplicated it, then digitally punched a hole from the top layer, then reduced the transparency of the bottom layer to get this effect. With quite a bit of head scratching, I even managed to do a print and cut with my Craft Robo to create the sentiment circle inside the card. The card base is A5 landscape made from piecing together parts of two sheets of A4, as I wanted the fold to be at the side, as the card is quite heavy and I find tent fold cards sometimes collapse a bit. I then cut a bit off the RHS edge to make the shape a little more interesting.

 

I'm entering this card in to the following challenge:

Cards for men: birthday card

 

2 comments:

  1. Another super guy card, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a "rockin" card! I love the techniques, makes for a striking card! So glad you joined our Happy Birthday Challenge at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete