Monday, 16 July 2012

Boys2Men fishing birthday card

I've made another card with the rather fab Ella's Designs Boys2Men cd. This time I've used the fishing kit, and made a card for my DS who fished for the first time last week, catching a 3lb rainbow trout which we ate that evening for tea.

I was able to attach some clear plastic thread to the back of the finest part of the fishing rod, which gave it a little more strength. I used PVA in my fine tipped glue bottle and couldn't have done the job without it. I made the little stand up signs with strips of card folded in half. The larger 'gone fishing' sign was attached to the base of the card with PVA at the front and a line of Pinflair glue at the back to lift the edge up slightly which then provides the stopper for the easel card. The card still folds flat to go in a normal envelope.

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy making some wonderful creations, Annette! I love your fishing card and drummer's birthday card, and the white on white wedding anniversary card is so stylish and elegant! You've made some stunning layouts, too - I wish I could find the time to do some scrapping, it's seems criminal to have tonnes of photos with so many wonderful memories just sitting in a box or on the hard drive...if I could just have a couple more hours in a day, I'd be sorted! Hugs, Lisa X (Oh, and lucky you having that lovely looking craft shop opening nearby, though I would have to hide the debit card!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!! Just having a catch up and I've missed so many fabulous creations Annette! This one is fantastic too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brill Annette! I love the fishing line with fish attached and the different wood effects. It all comes together brilliantly.

    Aileen x

    ReplyDelete