Thursday, 5 July 2012

New bike at Knockburn layout

I love this picture of my son, all mud-spattered after taking part in a mountain bike race on his new bike. I mostly used the latest Quirky Kits Lite, with a few bits taken from previous kits - I really enjoy mixing them all up. The embellishments and letters are old bits and bobs from my stash and I finished the LO off with a random border with my sewing machine.

I needed to employ some of the cunning tricks used by crafters who run out of the letters they need to complete a title. I was two 'n's and an 'r' short, so created one of the 'n's and the 'r' by making use of the scant waste around the letters, and the second 'n' was made from a cut down 'm'. Sorted!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you've done the title and all the paper layers behind the photo!

    ReplyDelete