Friday, 10 August 2012

Toy Story card for a 21st birthday

I was asked to make a 21st card for a young man whose favourite film is Toy Story. I found a digikit here, and used it within Serif Craft Artist to create this card. It took me ages as I wanted the big title to look as similar to the real Toy Story logo as possible. For anyone wanting to recreate it, I used Gills Sans Bold as the main font, set the blue line at 9pt with yellow fill, and material depth fx at 6.8pt. I discovered the material depth fx setting by playing around trying to just make the line look curved and I'm so glad I stumbled across a way. I love this program so much. The font used for the Etch-a-sketch writing is Eras light.

The soldier is saying a real quote from Toy Story 3 which was perfect on this occasion.

I would have liked to have decoupaged the soldiers so they stood out from the card, but several attempts just looked rubbish as the cut edge was white and anything I used to colour it looked wrong, so the card has ended up flat. However, the photo-real nature of the elements and the fact that it is printed on to Tesco photo paper, actually gives it a dimensional look. The finished card is 8x8".

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing Annette!! Very clever - love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Annette and it does look 3d. Great idea. x

    ReplyDelete