Thursday, 23 August 2012

Vintage style wedding album

I was asked to make a wedding card/gift album for a couple getting married soon. The wedding has a vintage theme, with flower-filled old fashioned tea cups and tea pots on the table as a table decoration. The album was also to include information on the gift the couple are being given, which is a night in a posh hotel and a meal in a swanky restaurant.

I've used a K&Co wedding pad which I bought for £8.99 several years ago, and has been so useful. I've now made two wedding and one anniversary mini gift album from it, and there is still plenty left. The colours and patterns are so lovely and easy to mix. The paper weight is also good enough for making the album pages, which measure 21x15cm. I used a few metal charms and bits of lace to embellish the pages.

Here's the front cover, with a monogram of the couples' initials, created in Silhouette Studio and cut with my Craft Robo. The congratulation stamp isn't really blurred, it's just my shaky camera work.

The first couple of pages show the ring, and a photo of the bride on her hen night.

 
Next there is a photo of the couple and a page of the gift-givers' children. I made the rose from the Sizzix tattered floral decorative strip die. All the photos, photo mounts or both are distressed with a pair of scissors. I put all the photos through a sepia filter in my photo editing software.

 
The penultimate page is another one of the couple, and I managed to use my newly found banner die.

The final page pulls in the tea cup theme of the wedding. The tea cup contains tea bag shaped die cuts, printed with the gift info. A handwritten message can be written on to the reverse of the bags.

And finally, this photo shows the front of the box I made for the album.

If you've lasted to the end of this picture-heavy post, thanks for looking!

 

1 comment: