Saturday, 22 September 2012

Golden wedding card

I've made this card for my aunt and uncle's golden wedding anniversary. I've based the card on a sketch at Sweet Stop Sketches. I love these sketches and they have often come to my rescue when I have needed a mojo injection. I particularly love the work of Monika Davis on the design team there, and love her blog. Her card gave me the idea of adding some leaves and butterflies to the card, which embellished what would otherwise have been quite a plain card. You can see her lovely interpretation of the sketch on her blog here.

I am entering this card in to the following challenge:

The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge Blog: SSS177

 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! Thanks for playing along at The Sweet Stop. We are thrilled you love the sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your anniversary card is beautiful and very elegant looking! You've chosen the perfect colors and I love all the white space! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week, Annette, and for your lovely comment on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowie! Is this Ever Beautiful!! Love the Wonderful combo of gold and white together and the lovely embossing too! Very Elegant! So glad you could join us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful, Annette. I love all your embossing and pretty dies.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. The embossing folder you asked about is a Sizzix one. It came in a set of three, but I can't remember which set it was as I have split them up and thrown the box away. But if you go onto the Sizzix website, www.sizzix.co.uk you may be able to find it. I think I may have bought mine from www.cuttingedgecrafts.co.uk. They stock quite a lot of embossing folders. They don't charge P&P, or have a minimum order ruling.
    Good luck! I hope you can manage to find it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Annette, I'm sure they loved it. Those ribbon banners are so chic. I wouldn't have thought to add the embossing to one. x

    ReplyDelete