Saturday, 15 September 2012

Leaving for university mini album

This mini album has been a real labour of love for me. My lovely girl is heading off to uni today, and I wanted her to have an album filled with photos of the people who mean the most to her. I also wanted to include the words of a truly beautiful new hymn written by Keith and Kristyn Getty called This is My Prayer, from their new album Hymns From The Christian Life. We heard the song performed live by the Gettys, and as I listened to Kristyn sing the prayer they wrote for their little daughter, I just knew the words would be perfect for an album for Rachel to take with her. I can hardly listen to it at the moment without having a wee cry. The next few weeks are going to be tough for her dad and me, but such an exciting time for my girl. We are so proud of her.

I used a fantastic value Papermania filmstrip chipboard album to form the base, but added lots of fold out bits to increase the surfaces to add photos to. The papers and embellishments are almost all from the latest Quirky Kits Lite, which all but for a few scraps, I've managed to almost completely use up...love it when I do that as it means I can justify more crafty spends!

This is a long post, with lots of photos, so thanks for sticking with it.

First day at school. Where did the years go?
A few additional K & Co beach embellishments, including a pair of snazzy glasses on an acetate overlay.
A close up of a Hero Arts Framelits bike stamp and die, added to a coffee stirrer to make a cute flag.
A photo of our much beloved campervan, Toyah. The sausage reference relates to a lovely picnic we had, specifically to try out our van's cooker, and I forgot the sausages ( tomato sauce roll anyone?!).
I love these photos, taken with a free app called Awesome Photostrips...great fun.
These next few lines of the hymn are guaranteed to make me cry...
Great grandma, age 104.
Rachel and her pals on prom day.
The back cover
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift for your daughter. The lyrics of the song are fabulous too. I love the way the mini book has all those extra fold out pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post and such a special and lovely gift for your daughter, Annette. Looking at the photos and reading the words to the hymn brought a tear to my eye. I'm sure your daughter will have a fantastic time and before you know it you'll be going to her graduation!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing book for your daughter Annette. I'm sure she'll treasure it especially since you made it just for her. Before you know it she'll be back.......with lots of washing. That's the thing about your children, they always come "home" even when they're grown up and have their own flat or house!

    Don't feel too sad I'm sure she'll want to tell you all about it.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous wee book for your daughter to take with her and the papers from the quirky kit are just perfect for a project like that

    The words of the hymn are just beautiful and yes they did bring a tear to my eye

    ReplyDelete
  5. just beautiful. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete