Friday, 19 October 2012

Dr Seuss birthday card

I made this card for a huge Dr Seuss fan. The main image is a free printable from The Dr Seuss website, Seussville. The quote on the card front is taken from the Dr Seuss poem Happy Birthday to You!

I found quite a few Dr Seuss digital kits on line, but thought I'd save myself a few dollars by having a go and making my own.

In Serif Craft Artist, I was able to find a stripey paper in one of my existing kits that just needed to be recoloured to suit this project. However, any spotty papers I had just wouldn't recolour to the bright red of the cat's hat no matter what settings I tried so I needed to start from scratch. I first drew a square and filled it with red, the exact colour of the hat, chosen with the colour picker tool. I then drew a small white circle and used the replicate tool to make a row of them. I duplicated the whole row, offset it below the first row, then grouped the two rows and replicated them again to fill the whole of the red square. I digitally assembled the card then printed it out on to my favourite Tesco photo paper, mounted it on to black card and then on to a 8x8 card blank.

The font is Grinched, downloaded from Dafont.com.

The final touch was some Triple Thick Gloss Glaze by Decoart, painted on to the bow tie and the 3.

 

1 comment:

  1. Your Dr Seuss card is brill. I like the added shine. x

    ReplyDelete