Friday, 9 November 2012

Hunkydory For All Delightful New Dress 18th birthday card for my daughter

As soon as I saw this Hunkydory For All Delightful New Dress topper set I knew I would use it to make my daughter's 18th birthday card, as the image immediately reminded me of her, all dressed up for her prom. I used a Craftwork Cards 8x8 scallop card blank and cut way about half of the front. I mounted the main topper on to some of the spotty card then silver card, and used most of the rest of the spotty card mounted on silver on the inside. The butterfly was cut around so the wings could be lifted up, allowing the silver card to show through underneath. I used a craft knife to trim away the black border left on the die cut sheet after the image had been popped out, and used it to frame a special message to my daughter that is too mushy to display here! The card was finished with a metal handbag charm and a few shiny dots that look like drops of mercury.

My girl is away at uni now, so it will be her first birthday spent away from her family and I am going to be thinking of her so much tomorrow. Lots of her pals are going to be visiting her this weekend and they have a great time planned. It's hard to see your babies grow up. Sigh!

I backed the sentiment on the front with another sentiment the same size.
And here's a photo of DD in her prom dress so you can see why the topper reminded me of her.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. An absolutely beautiful card Annette and how gorgeous is your daughter! Hope she had a wonderful birthday.
    xx

    ReplyDelete