Friday, 2 November 2012

Embossed Golden Wedding Card

My mum and dad are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this weekend, so I've made this card for them. It was a very expensive card to make because I had to buy a Grand Calibur, purely because I needed the rather lovely A4 M-bossability Grand Dainty Dots embossing folder. Amazing how easy it is to justify a big purchase!

The sentiment was created on my Craft Robo using Wendy Medium, one of my favourite fonts for cards. It is a great one for welding in the Silhouette software as it naturally overlaps so the letters don't need to be moved together before welding. I used my large Xyron machine to put adhesive on the back of the sentiment, which was the easiest way to do it, and allowed me to mess about a fair bit getting the positioning right on the card. The numbers are cut with the CR using the font Impact.

The flower was made with flowers cut from my Sizzix Tattered Floral die, and the leaves are from a favourite Sizzlet set Flowers, Branches & Leaves 656064.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Annette for some unknown reason you are not showing up in my followers list as having any new creations. I visited this evening by chance and I see you do have posts I wonder why they are not showing. I had this problem a while ago but I thought it was sorted x
    Anyway your card is absolutely stunning your mum and dad will be thrilled to receive such a beautiful card from you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Annette, I'm sure your Mum and Dad will be delighted with it. Congrats to them on their anniversary and I hope they have a lovely day.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annette. Beautiful creation. Love the different embossing and your sentiment cut out looks fab. x

    ReplyDelete