Thursday, 20 December 2012

Birthday card for a 50th birthday

I haven't posted for a while as I have been flattened by a dose of flu, which has kept me away from my crafty desk and pretty much everything else for the past week or so. Fortunately, I had already made this, and the 70th card to follow, before I fell ill, so I was able to get them out on time.

I've kept the age quite discreet on this card, for no particular reason other than I couldn't find a spot to add big numbers! The stamp set is Kanban Butterflies clear stamp, and I have been really impressed with the quality of them. They held the ink brilliantly, right from the first impression. My only gripe with this particular set is that I don't like butterflies that seem to be flying upside down. It just looks weird to my eyes! To get around this, I used one of my latest purchases, and added a sentiment from the really useful Lili of the Valley verse set. It has a verse to cover just about anything, including the offending butterfly!

I used lots of Distress inks, Glamour Dust and leaves from a Sizzix set, along with various distressed and embossed layers. The entire card front was embossed with an A4 folder.

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment