Saturday, 22 December 2012

Christmas cards versions 1,2 and 3 for 2012

I didn't manage to get all my cards made this year as being in bed with the flu for a week severely curtailed my pre-Christmas preparations. Fortunately, I had made about half of what I normally send back in November, so at least I was able to give a few handmade cards this year. I had three versions, the first two using Christmas decorations I bought after Christmas from Tesco for next to nothing. I think a pack of ten wooden decorations were about 30p. I didn't know what I would use them for, but they seemed too good to pass by.

I doctored the decorations up a wee bit with the addition of a holly leaf and some dimensional paint for berries. They were then added with a brad to the front of a computer printed card, which had been hand stamped with a Hero Arts snowflake background. The decoration can be easily removed for hanging on the tree if desired. I try to make Christmas cards with a Christian message, so used a verse from Matthew for each card front.

The post-friendly version of this year's card was made by replacing the wooden star with a gold embossed star, cut with my Craft Robo.

I already know what my New Year's resolutions will be:

  • Next year I will be more organised and make my Christmas cards in July, and
  • next year I will have a flu jab!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment