Sunday, 30 December 2012

Poppy calendar

I was first prompted to start a blog almost two years ago, after attending a wonderful class by Kath Stewart, whose blog you can find here. You can find Kath's post about the class showing her calendar here, and if you look carefully, you may be able to spot me in one of the class photos! In the class, we made an easel style poppy calendar, which I am still using. You'll need to scroll down a bit to see the calendar. I always make a gift of handmade cards for a friend at Christmas, but because I was ill, I didn't get a chance to make any, so I decided to make a calendar basing it on the one I had made before, which meant I didn't need to come up with a new design at a time when my mojo was hiding. I mostly used the Hero Arts stamps used in the class, with the butterflies substituted with the new Kanban ones I bought last month. I also left out the little sentiment bit, and obviously changed the colours completely.

 

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful Annette! I have just got the stripey stamp and can't wait to have a play.

    Hope you're feeling better now. All the best for 2013.
    xx

    ReplyDelete