Monday, 31 December 2012

Poundland napkin ring decorations

I adore Poundland. Every time I am in town, I love to go and browse the shelves to see all the bargains. I discovered that they had a fabulous selection of wired ribbon, and these gorgeous big, glittery poinsettia with clips on the back. There were three flowers for a pound, and they were being sold as tree decorations, but I could immediately see another use for them. I cut a short length of the red wired ribbon, wrapped and overlapped it around our Christmas paper napkins, then secured the ribbon with the clip on the back of the poinsettia. These table decorations literally took about two minutes to make the seven I needed for my Christmas table, and they looked really pretty on the gold charger plates I already had.

 

5 comments:

  1. These look fantastic Annette, what a great bargain.

    All the best for 2013.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea, Annette! Your napkin rings look gorgeous!

    Thank you for your kind words, Annette. I couldn't put what happened on my blog as it's still raw, and I don't know who may read it. It was our sons friends mum who committed suicide a week ago. She jumped off the motorway bridge near to where we live. She was only forty three, and her youngest is a little girl aged four. The family are devastated. It's tragic at any time, but at Christmas it just seems so much worse. I can't stop thinking about it. Those poor kids!

    Wishing you and your loved ones a very happy and healthy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! These look gorgeous Annette - what a fantastic bargain and a fab idea! Now, will I remember it for next year?!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fantastic napkin rings - what a super idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Annette. Love the gold glitter.

    ReplyDelete