Thursday, 24 January 2013

Clean and simple thistle thank you card

As it is almost Burns Day and my thoughts have turned to our nations's favourite bard, Robert Burns, I have made this Scottish themed thank you card. After making another project ( which I'll post about soon) I had the tiniest couple of scraps of this tartan ribbon left, and fitting with my heritage, I cannae stand waste, so made this card to use them up!

I've based the card on a sketch over on the Clean and Simple Stamping blog sketch challenge.

Having the Grand Calibur enabled me to emboss the bottom half of the card with a Cuttlebug folder, which I wasn't able to get through the Big Kick without folding the card blank behind the folder which I don't like to do as I usually end up creasing it. The sandwich required for the GC is the cutting plate, the Cuttlebug folder with the card inside then the raspberry plate. Note - the base plate is not used. This is same sandwich you use for Sizzlet dies. The sandwich glides through the GC with such little resistance you think it can't possibly be doing anything, but it embosses perfectly.

The thistle stamp is by the Heritage Rubber Stamp Company, and the sentiment is from an Anna Griffin set.

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Clean and Simple Stamping blog: sketch

My Mum's Craft Shop: anything goes

Addicted to CAS: embossing

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Love this Annette - so different. A perfect CAS design and I love the tartan ribbon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Annette so clean and crisp looking xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! The layout is fab. I love the embossing on the bottom and the framed image with the ribbon poking out. Yeah, so pretty much everything about your card! lol Thanks for playing at ATCAS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, Annette! I agree with Shana, the layout is fab, very elegant card. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your thistle Annette. Very appropriate for today. x

    ReplyDelete