Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Computer die cut lettering placement tutorial

It occurred to me as I was adding letters cut with my Craft Robo to a LO, that there may be some folk who haven't figured out this method of perfectly placing computer die cut letters, as I know I didn't think of it until I had a card to make with loads of lettering that really needed to be neatly placed, and thought there must be an easier way to do it, so after fiddling about with a ruler for ages without great success, I suddenly had a 'smack the head' moment and did it this way with great success. I'm sure for many, this will fall in to category of Tutorials on How to State the Blinking Obvious, but if it helps someone I'm happy!

  • Firstly, electronically die cut your letters, cutting them exactly as you want them to appear on your page. I usually run my letters through my Xyron 150 to adhere them. Trim closely around the negative space that is left from the die cutting then put a little repositionable adhesive eg, Herma, to the back of the negative space, and position it on your card or layout where you want the letters to be.
  • Now start putting the die cut letters in to their negative space, pressing them down well.
  • Once all the letters are in place,carefully pull back the negative.
  • Sit back and enjoy your handiwork!

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annette well if I ever get a cutting machine I will remember your clever idea I bet you have helped lot's of people with this one x

    ReplyDelete