Saturday, 12 January 2013

Papermania Happy Days 60th birthday card

I've made this large 8x8” card for a few of us to give to our young at heart and youthful to look at friend who turned sixty just before Christmas. When we met her for coffee the other day she said she had found her sixtieth birthday quite difficult and was mortified when she went out with other pals who had brought along big 60th balloons etc. That gave me the idea to go for a very low key 60th card, with only little numbers that you'd need to be up close to see!

I used the Papermania Happy Days paper pack to make it. My favourite paper is this cheerful flowery one, with the lovely yellow spot on the reverse. The tiny little stamp came free with a magazine and is the perfect size for stamping on the miniature tag, cut with an old QK wafer die.

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, Annette, which I'm sure your friend will love and appreciate. I love the pretty papers you used, and that you kept the 60 low key x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with your friend. You don't always want your birthday number plastered all over everything so this looks perfect to me. x

    ReplyDelete