Sunday, 7 April 2013

Indigo Blu and Inkylicious stamped flower note card set

My mum asked if I would make her some notecards, and as it is her birthday coming up, I made this little gift set. I used Indigo Blu's Harlequin stamp, which was stamped with Versamark then dusted with different colours of chalk. Each card is different, as I couldn't decide which colours I liked best! I then used black Versafine to stamp some images from my new set of Inkylicious Allium stamps. The sentiment is an old Purple Onion one.

Here's a photo of one of the cards done in greeny blue tones. Each flower head has been glittered with Glamour Dust.

My initial experiment when playing with ideas for the notecards was to use Antique Linen Distress ink with purple over-stamping, but I didn't get the soft look I was after, so dusted off the chalks, which hadn't been used for a very long time. I managed to make use of my experiment by decorating the top of the notecard gift box with it. The image is mounted in purple to match the flower, but it seems to look more like black in the photo.

These were quick and easy to create and multipurpose depending on the sentiment added, so I can see me revisiting this design again.

 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Annette! The design is lovely and I like the use of different colour chalks. A gorgeous gift!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Annette, what a lovely present and a great design. Great job :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous notelets Annette, what a lovely gift. Love the fact that they're all different.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful set of note cards for your mum, Annette. I love your chalking and your stamped flower is so pretty with the glamour dust.
    Have you mastered those bows yet? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this set of cards!

    Also thanks for commenting on my blog, glad you like that card, it's also one of my favorites, and I don't want to part with it...

    ReplyDelete