Friday, 19 April 2013

Trying a bit of Frantage (well sort of)

This is one of those cards that evolved due to lots of 'opportunities for creativity', ie, lots of mistakes which needed disguised!

Initially I stamped and chalked the IndigoBlu Harlequin background directly on to the card blank, then continued stamping the Inkylicious Allium stamp and Anna Griffin sentiment over the top. So far so good. The stamped image was surrounded by a wide border of unstamped card blank. Lovely, minimalist...quite pleased so far. Until I noticed the big, black thumbprint on the lower right corner. Aargh. So then after spending some considerable time trying to cover the mark with various embellishments, die cuts etc, which just didn't work, I decided the only option was to cut the stamped image out completely and remount it on to white and then black card after inking the edges. Guess what? I smudged the new white mount too.

Reluctant to abandon a card I had at this point spent the whole afternoon making, I put my thinking cap on. I remembered seeing Fran from Stampendous demonstrating her Frantage embossing powders on Create and Craft and rather liking the effect, but as I had none of her powders I had to wing it. I sprinkled some gold embossing powder over a couple of the corners (covering the smudge), and heated from underneath, then quickly added some chunky glitter over the top, and heated again.

So there we have it. A finished card, thanks to the Frantage-ish technique! I have since purchased a set of the real Frantage powders, something like these, so watch out for more experimenting to come.

 

2 comments:

  1. Lol, well rescued Annette! Beautiful card!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely effect Annette. Classy card. x

    ReplyDelete