Thursday, 30 May 2013

Chalkboard card for a teacher

I was asked to make a card for a few of us to sign, to give to a teacher on her special birthday.

I had a seen a few of the chalkboard cards popping up in galleries and blogs everywhere but hadn't given one a go until now. I then found this gorgeous card on Angie's blog Feathertassel, which provided me with inspiration, although I didn't refer to any of the sizes, as my card needed to be big. I made the sizes up as I went along, using two sheets of A4 card, joined short ends together so that the card stands about 27cm tall and is 17cm wide. The frame part of the board is raised on foam pads, and the chalkboard part is created with matte black paper, lightly sponged with white chalk ink, with the sentiment Versamarked then heat embossed with white embossing powder.

I used the Sizzix Framelits Bicycle set to make the bunting and the clipped on sentiment (love this set), and Tim Holtz Word Play for the numbers.

All the papers, except the black, came from various Quirky Kits Lite kits.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annette, your card is fantastic, it really makes the greeting a
    fabulous big announcement, banners and all! Must be a great teacher
    to warrant such a lovely handmade card.
    I have put together a teacher card/gift idea myself and will post on my blog
    within the week.
    Thank you for the shout out and link too. X

    ReplyDelete