Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Raising a glass with Hero Arts digital image

I love this Hero Arts Wedded Bliss digikit, which I bought some time ago from Two Peas in a Bucket. I have just checked the site to link to it, and virtually all the Hero Arts digikits are gone (at least I can't find them), but were there very recently, so I'm not sure what's happening with them. I've used it quite a few times now, but never like this. I was asked to make a 50th birthday card for some friends to give to a lady who was being given a champagne tasting birthday treat, and who is well known to be a big bubbly fan. Although this kit is designed for wedding projects, the champagne glasses work well for any celebration.

The card is a big 8"x8" one, but the image was perfect even when enlarged to this extent. The birthday girl has a bit of a thing about green, so the original colour of the the image wasn't any use, so using Serif Craft Artist, I recoloured it pink. As she loves pink bubbly, this was perfect.

I printed the image twice so that I could decoupage the glasses, which were glazed with a thick coating of DecoArt Triple thick Gloss Glaze - love that stuff! The image was then double mounted on silver and black.

The insert was printed using the matching watermark image that is included in the kit.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment