Sunday, 19 May 2013

Stampendous Ranunculus Field watercolour card

I had a lot of fun making this card this afternoon. I bought a pad of watercolour paper very cheaply in The Works a while ago and it has languished unused in the back of a cupboard since then, but it was perfect for the look I was going for today. The square of paper was distressed with scissors round the edge, then Distress ink in shades of pink and orange were applied with ink dusters. This background was then splashed with a little water to create some droplets. Parts of Hero Arts Old Letter Writing stamp S4878 were stamped here and there, followed by the Stampendous Ranunculus Field stamp CRR 112, in Versafine. It was coloured with Distress ink and Whispers watercolour pens. My new favourite thing, Frantage embossing enamel, was randomly sprinkled and heat embossed to add a bit of interest. This Shabby White enamel has a lovely fine gold glitter through it and is my favourite from the taster set of five I bought.

The card front was mounted on to Kraft card.

Job done, and a card ready well ahead of time to send to my friend Anne.

 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Annette, I love the effect you've achieved with the watercolour paper. Love that image.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A work of art! Beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete