Sunday, 15 December 2013

Christmas card 2013

This is the Christmas card I've come up with for this year. The background stamp is a very old Hobby Art one, and probably the first Christmas stamp I ever bought. I've used it a lot over the years. The other stamp is by Hobbycraft, a real cheapy called Wisemen, which is fine apart from the fact Distess ink beads badly on it, unless the stamp has been pre-inked with Versamark, which is a bit of a pain if you are mass producing a large number.

The background was done with Distress ink applied with ink dusters over a mask handcut from acetate. The mask helped to keep the rest of the card free from ink, and provided the dunes shape. The photo looks a little washed out; the colours are a little stronger in real life.


 

1 comment:

  1. Great card, Annette. I have the same problem with my Hobbycraft stamps and need to try a few fixes. I've been given two tips so far, one is to go over the stamp with an eraser before inking and another suggestion was to buff with fine sandpaper. Worth a try I guess! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete